Sunday, May 27, 2012

It's cake baby!

Day 30
My sweet friend Nikki's baby shower was today and Ashley asked me to make her cake. 

YAY!  This is the most complicated cake I've ever done, but it was fun challenge!  It gives me confidence to take on something else.

The bottom was two 8-inch chocolate cakes torted (split and filled), a fancy new word I discovered this week, and filled with peanut  butter icing.  The top was a vanilla cake with vanilla butter cream. The outside was blue and white marshmallow fondant.

Thanks to Royal Bakery (https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=268589843162323) for the idea and some notes on how to make this come together!  And thanks to Doug for backing up my stacking idea.  Just had to check with the engineer and make sure it was structurally sound!.

Happy baby shower Nikki!  I can't wait to meet baby Burke!

4 comments:

  1. Seriously cool. You go girl! This should be your job full time :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable, Stephanie! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have found your calling!!!!! hate i missed the shower - and the PB filling in that cake

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was such a great cake Stephanie! Well done :)

    ReplyDelete